Use Discount code 'NEW10' for 10% OFF!
Sandalwood Attar (Chandan)
Buy Original Sandalwood Attar made in Kannauj!
- Also known as: Chandan Attar, Sandal Attar
- Ingredients: Sandalwood
- Scent: Sweet, Woody, Exotic
- Best for: Men, Women, All Seasons
- Country of Origin: India
What is Sandalwood Attar?
Sandalwood Attar is the concentrated oil extracted from the wood of Sandal trees using hydro-distillation. It is used for both spiritual and perfumery purposes.
We also accept wholesale orders to buy Sandalwood Attar online at the best price in the world.
Note: Our Chandan Attar contains no alcohol.
What does it smell like?
Sandalwood Attar has a sweet woody aroma. It is very pleasant compared to many other attars, but it also feels exotic on the other side. There is a creamy texture in between all that.
You can apply it at any time of any day of any season. Both Men and Women will like it.
How is it made?
We get our Sandal from the Mysore region in India, which is considered the best quality of these species in the world. It is one of the costliest trees on the market right now. This is because only the middle part known as the Heartwood is used for further processing.
A tree needs 20 years to grow and produce a significant amount of oil making it very rare. Usually, the older the tree is, the higher the quality of the oil derived from it.
Then, we distill the oil from Sandalwood using the traditional ‘Deg & Bhapka’ process. This method has been used for more than 200 years to produce pure perfume oils from natural ingredients. We make them at Kannauj, the perfume city of India, where it all started.
The pieces of Sandalwood are heated with water and the steam is captured in another vessel. This steam has the essence of Sandalwood and all of that gets absorbed in the oil form.
Benefits of Chandan Attar
Here are some uses and benefits of it:
- You can use Sandalwood Attar as an occasional perfume for weddings. You can layer it with Rose attar or Oud Attar for better results.
- Sandalwood was mentioned in Ayurveda texts. Jainism, Buddhism, and Sufism. It is been used in worshipping the gods.
- It was once used in making medicines in Indian culture.
- Most people also prefer it for aromatherapy. It induces meditation and wisdom.
- It can also help you get a comfortable sleep at night.
- Commercially, it is the most popular base note ingredient in perfume and soaps.
- In India, incense sticks and cosmetic products are also made with this attar
Additional Note: For external use only. We also recommend doing a patch test before using it directly on the skin. Pregnant and nursing mothers should consult their doctors before application.
Why should you buy it from Sugmy?
We at Sugmy are known for our exclusive collection of 100% original attars. They are organic, vegan, eco-friendly, and chemical-free. Our products are delivered to all countries of the world: USA, UK, Canada, India, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, etc. Buy Sandalwood Attar online now!
3ml, 5ml, 10ml